No luck clicking 'BIDSHelperSetup(1.1.0.1).exe' for install

Topics: Resolved
Oct 17, 2007 at 11:55 PM
I love BIDSHelper! Downloaded it a few months ago with a username that I now don't remember, so I've re-registered, but when trying to download it, I get nowhere. Specifically, on 'Releases' tab, when I click on the .exe file, the "I Agree" page appears for 1/2 second, then disappears. I don't know why. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Daniel
Coordinator
Oct 18, 2007 at 4:12 AM
I'm not sure, but I have seen issues like this myself once or twice with other projects on CodePlex and they ususally sort themselves out. I can't test it myself at the moment as the firewall at work blocks a lot of downloads. The CodePlex site itself is constantly being changed and improved, so this may be a temporary bug or it may just be one of those transient things with one particular server. I would suggesting waiting a bit and giving it a few more tries. If that still does not work you can try contacting the CodePlex people at https://www.codeplex.com/ContactUs.aspx.

Reply back to this discussion and let me know how it goes - I'm sure we will find someway to sort this out.
Oct 18, 2007 at 9:41 PM
OK. Issue was resolved simply be switching to Firefox browser, with which the executable was readily downloaded and run.