version 1.2 - some features are not available

Topics: Resolved
Dec 4, 2007 at 4:56 PM
I installed the BIDS helper 1.2 without uninstalling 1.1, and some of the new features are missing:

SSAS:
- Dimension Optimization Report
- Measure Group Health Check
- Tri-State Perspectives

SSIS:
- dtsConfig File Formatter

some other features I did not test.

This new features are working:
- Column Usage Reports
- Expression and Configuration Highlighter
- Expression List
- Enable / Disable individual features

All features are enabled in the BIDS helper options.
I use a German version of Windows and of SSBIDS.
What should I do?

Germo
Coordinator
Dec 4, 2007 at 6:00 PM
I would definitely uninstall both versions, then reinstall 1.2.

But I suspect the issue is regarding using a German version of BIDS. We have made no effort to support internationalization in BIDS. In a number of places, we've hardcoded the English names of tabs or folders. So at this point, non-English installs of BIDS are unsupported.

If there are other people who use non-English installs, please post here and we'll consider supporting in a future release. Also, if there are people who are interested in joining the project to help with internationalization, drop us a line and we can discuss.
Dec 4, 2007 at 6:38 PM
I think this is because of German BIDS. I reinstalled 1.1 on another PC, then installed 1.2, and I have the same effects. May be this is because of "Dimensionen", "Perspektivenname", "Measuregruppen" and so on and it could be hard coded.

I could help with internationalization, but I have to know how to help. I am not a classic programmer but use the Visual Studio only for BI development, and I have no other Visual Studio components on my PC's then SQL Server Developer Editions with all components.