Expression and Configuration Highlighter Issue

Topics: Resolved
Dec 4, 2007 at 8:15 PM
I have an existing package where the highlighter was functioning normally. I started making some major additions in the Control Flow. Created two sequence containers and copy and pasted a series of tasks into one of the sequence containers and then drug(dragged?) the original series into the other sequence container. The highlighter stayed with the originals, but never showed up on the copy. I saved and restarted BIDS and now the highlighters on the the Control Flow objects are missing. FYI: I did some copy and pasting in the Connection Manager area and the hightlighting is functioning correctly.

Thanks,
Norman
Coordinator
Dec 4, 2007 at 10:10 PM
For the stuff in the Control Flow that you copy and pasted, were there expressions on them, or configurations, or both?
Coordinator
Dec 5, 2007 at 4:49 AM
What version of BIDS are you using? RTM, SP1, SP2?
Dec 5, 2007 at 3:11 PM
The tasks only have expressions.

The SQL Server 2005 installation has SP2 applied.

I don't have VS 2005 proper installed with other languages. I know there is an SP1 for VS 2005, does that impact BIDS(VS 2005)? I have installed VS 2005 SP1 on other machines that I do C# development.

It's very confusing of MS to give BIDS a different name.

This is from the BIDS about dialog.

Visual Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
Version 8.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
Microsoft .NET Framework
Version 2.0.50727

Installed Edition: IDE Standard

SQL Server Analysis Services
Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services Designer
Version 9.00.3042.00

SQL Server Integration Services
Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services Designer
Version 9.00.3042.00

SQL Server Reporting Services
Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Designers
Version 9.00.3042.00

BIDSHelper
BIDSHelper - An Addin to extend BI Development Studio
(c) 2006 Version 1.2
http://www.codeplex.com/bidshelper
Coordinator
Dec 7, 2007 at 4:48 AM
Edited Dec 7, 2007 at 4:48 AM
Thank you very much for reporting this. I was able to reproduce it just as you said. It was indeed a bug in the BIDS Helper code where a task inside a container occasionally wasn't highlighted depending on the order they were added to the package.

I just checked in that fix. If you would like to download the source code and compile it yourself, feel free. Otherwise it will be in the next release. (No date for the next release, currently. Stay tuned.)
Coordinator
Dec 17, 2007 at 11:50 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.