SSIS: Analyzing performance problem

Topics: Resolved
Oct 7, 2010 at 7:20 AM
Edited Oct 7, 2010 at 7:21 AM

When I try to run the SSIS performance analyzer, either by right-click the package or right-click the data-flow in the editor, it fails.

The package performance monitor stops at the first DataFlow task, marking it red. No error messages as far as I can see.

When I try to run the performance analyzer on the DataFlow task that fails, I get the following errors in the log file:

The version of component "BIDS_Helper_Raw_Dest_43" (1888) is not compatible with this version of the DataFlow.

The component is missing, not registered, not upgradeable, or missing required interfaces. The contact information for this component is "Loads raw data into a file.;Microsoft Corporation;Microsoft SqlServer v9; (C) 2005 Microsoft Corporation; All Rights Reserved;

I am running the package locally on a 64 bit machine (saw some other posts on 64 vs 32 bit problems), but I've even downloaded the source, compiled it and copied the .dll's into the installation directory (C:\Program Files (x86)\BIDS Helper), restarted BIDS and still no luck.

Any suggestions?

Oct 7, 2010 at 3:21 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Oct 7, 2010 at 3:25 PM

I copied this thread to a work item. Can you go to that work item and attach the dtsx files in your temp directory. When you got that error, BIDS Helper stops and asks you if you would like to troubleshoot the temp copy of the packages. If you accept, it will not delete the temp directory so that you can troubleshoot the error. Can you zip up and attach to the work item all the dtsx files in the directory it indicates?

If the packages are sensitive, then you could contact me offline by clicking on furmangg.

Also, if you're working with SSIS2008, then the PipelineComponentTime log event may be just as useful to you. That's an alternative to troubleshoot performance until we figure out why the BIDS Helper feature isn't working.