Installation Problem

Topics: Resolved
Apr 16, 2008 at 6:59 AM
I am having a similar issue to one posted here back in December that was put down to being a foreign language problem (this is the thread

I installed but then realised the SSIS features I wanted were in so I downloaded the installer and just installed over the top. I no longer have the BIDS Helper option on the Tools menu, however the highlights to show I have an expression on an SSIS object works and the add-in shows up in the Add-In Manager.

Can someone please help me as I am desparate to use the features in the latest version.
Thanks in advance.
Apr 16, 2008 at 6:15 PM
There is no "BIDS Helper" menu in v1.2.0.1. This menu was only for switching certain functionality on and off. We have refactored the code base in 1.2 so that any features can be switched on and off via the Tools - Options dialog.You can see the version of BIDS Helper that is loaded in Help -> About. But the extra functionality should be there in the right click menus and in the various tool bars where we add extra buttons.

Unfortunately certain functionality we have only been able to integrate into BIDS by grabbing onto certain items by their english caption. And because we are running as an add-in ourselves we cannot use some of the traditional localization functionality like satellite dlls. Can you give me one or two features which you would most like to see? I will then do some more research and see if I can find any way of integrating our functionality which is not language dependant.
Apr 17, 2008 at 2:54 PM
Sorry about that. I should have read the full feature list in the release notes.

However, how do I get access to the Expression List. In the release notes it says that it should be on the Other Windows option in the View menu but it is not there,

Apr 18, 2008 at 12:08 PM
I have worked out what the problem is. The Expression List (BIDS HElper) option only appears when you have a dtproj file open not a solution with .dtproj projects in it.