Aggregation Manager - Cannot Open "Add from Query Log..."

Jun 6, 2011 at 4:19 PM

When I click on "Add from Query Log..."  aggregation manager closes.  This happened for both versions of BIDS Helper I tried out: 1.4.3 and 1.4.4 Beta.

I click "Edit Aggregations (BIDS Helper)" within one of the cubes in my project.  I then click "Add from Query Log..." and aggregation manager closes.  I can successfully use this tool with other cubes within my project and the window opens so that I can change / run a query against the OLAPQueryLog (and add aggregations).  There is only one cube within my project that aggregation manager closes / crashes on.  Does anyone have any thoughts on what could be causing the aggregation manager to close like this? I am using the same exact query log for all of the cubes so I do not understand why just one cube in my project causes the window to close.

I am using SQL Server 2008 Enterprise.

Jun 6, 2011 at 5:58 PM

Hmm. There's probably something unexpected in that one project and the code isn't dealing with it well. Should be fixable.

If it's a possiblity to send me the BIDS project, click on furmangg to the left and then contact me and we'll trade emails.

Jun 11, 2011 at 1:55 AM

I checked in some changes which hopefully will catch the error you're experiencing and will give us an error message to troubleshoot.