Warning message in BIDS while working with SSIS

Sep 8, 2008 at 5:23 PM
While working with SSIS packages I am getting following warning that is reproducebale:
Warning 2 BIDS Helper had problems highlighting expressions and configurations: Exception from HRESULT: 0xC0010014 MyPckgName.dtsx 0 0 

To reproduce:
1. Select a task in SSIS package.
2. Now select multiple tasks (I did 5 tasks) in SSIS package and also include the task selected previously.
3. Hit delete key to delete all selected tasks. You will get this warning message.

Vidas Matelis

Sep 8, 2008 at 5:53 PM
I am also getting anoter reproducebale warning.
While working on SSIS project in BIDS in Connection Manager area select right mouse click and choose new connection. I am getting warnings after choosing for example "New File Connection" or "New OLE DB Connection":

Warning 24 BIDS Helper had problems highlighting expressions and configurations: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. myPckgName.dtsx 0 0 

On my specific package I am getting 29 warnings like that.

Vidas Matelis

Coordinator
Sep 11, 2008 at 3:25 AM
Thanks for reporting. We'll look into it. These messages are nothing to worry about... they're just letting you know there was a problem highlighting expressions/configurations. I suspect if you click over onto the properties window then back on the package it may go away. Either that, or just close the package and it will go away when you open back up. I know this is an annoyance, so we'll look into this and hopefully handle it better.
Developer
Jun 18, 2010 at 10:53 AM

Quick Repro - Rename a a connection that has an expression on it....

BIDS Helper had problems highlighting expressions and configurations: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Coordinator
Jun 18, 2010 at 6:08 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.