Attunity Component

Topics: Standing Discussions
Dec 13, 2012 at 5:19 PM

Hi,

Can anyone please give any examples using BIML on how to use:

-Microsoft Attunity Oracle Connector

-Attunity CDC Source

We are having issues creating the components using BIML and can't find any documentation.

Thanks

Dec 13, 2012 at 5:46 PM

Have you taken a look at BimlScript.com?

There are some snippets on the site for custom components.  They can be found here: http://bimlscript.com/Browse/Snippets/Tag 

Paul

Dec 14, 2012 at 9:57 AM

Hi Paul

Thanks for this, but already had a look at the Custom Components @ BIMLScript.  The Attunity objects listed are Custom Component Source (not Custom Components) objects. Do you have any examples for this? I've looked through the BIML language reference but I cannot seem to get this to work.

https://www.varigence.com/documentation/biml/biml_Varigence.Languages.Biml.Transformation.AstCustomComponentSourceNode.html

Thanks

Jan 15, 2013 at 8:30 PM

Hi,

Is it possible to use attunity connector (with oracle) using biml ?

I have the same issues as Everest_2012 when creating the connexion.

<OleDbConnection Name="Source" ConnectionString="Provider=MSORA;Server=OracleServer;Username=XXXXX;Password=XXXXX;oraclehome=;oraclehome64=;winauth=0;"/>

Thanks

Apr 1, 2014 at 6:56 PM
@Everest_2012, did you ever get an answer? I'm in that position now and don't know how to proceed.

This is a snippet of my current code, after many other attempts.
          <Transformations>

<CustomComponentSource 
              Name="CDCSource"
              ComponentClassId="{874F7595-FB5F-40FF-96AF-FBFF8250E3EF}"
              ComponentTypeName="Attunity.SqlServer.CDCSrc.CdcSourceComponent, Attunity.SqlServer.CDCSrc, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=aa342389a732e31c"
              ContactInfo="Attunity Ltd.; All Rights Reserved; http://www.attunity.com;"
              UsesDispositions="true"
              Version="2"
              >
              <CustomProperties>
                <CustomProperty Name="Connection" DataType="String">AdoNetSource</CustomProperty>
                <CustomProperty Name="StateVariable" DataType="String">User::<#=table.Name#>_CDC_State</CustomProperty>
                <CustomProperty Name="CDCProcessingMode" DataType="Int32">2</CustomProperty>
                <CustomProperty Name="CaptureInstanct" DataType="String"><#=table.Name#></CustomProperty>
                <CustomProperty Name="CommandTimeout" DataType="Int32">30</CustomProperty>
                <CustomProperty Name="ReprocessingIndication" DataType="Boolean">false</CustomProperty>
              </CustomProperties>
            </CustomComponentSource>

<OleDbDestination Name="OleDbDestination - History" ConnectionName="OleDbTarget">
              <InputPath OutputPathName="CDCSource.Output"/>
              <ExternalTableOutput Table="<#=table.Schema.Name#>.<#=table.Name#>_History"/>
            </OleDbDestination>

</Transformations>
The BIML error is: Could not resolve reference to 'CDCSource.Output' of type 'DataflowOutputPath'...
So, I think the CustomCompentSource is at least not malformed, but isn't being recognized as a source. Or perhaps .Output is the wrong property to reference for the Destination input path.

I muddled my way through the CDC Control code, but am stuck on the CDC Source. There are very few code examples online.

Any help is appreciated.
JR
Aug 8, 2014 at 5:44 PM
Hello JR,

Were you able to implement the CDC control flow components (CDC Source, CDC Splitter) in biml? If so, would you be willing to share a snippet of how you did it? I'm currently trying to implement this as well.

Thanks in advance.

Jarret
Aug 8, 2014 at 7:46 PM
Jarret,

No I haven't implemented CDC Source in BIML yet. Other work came up and diverted my attention. It will be several months before I can get at it again. I'm hoping that someone documents how to do this by then.

Best of luck. (and please share if you stumble across a solution)
JR
Aug 10, 2014 at 12:58 AM
Thanks for your reply JR. I will post back if I get anywhere with it. How were you able to put together your code (above)?
Aug 11, 2014 at 3:08 PM
I found a working example for implementing the CDC Control Task using CustomTask. Then I tried to beat the CDC Source into submission using that as a model. I must have made a few dozen attempts with a variety of error messages and this case seemed to be the closest to working. I don't remember the details though.
Sep 11, 2014 at 7:25 PM
JohnyRempel, could you post the BIML snippets for your CDC Control Task and CDC Source tasks?
Sep 17, 2014 at 6:00 PM
Johny, could you please share your BIML code for CDC.
Nov 12, 2014 at 9:35 PM
Edited Nov 12, 2014 at 9:37 PM
I was able to create CDC package with BIML, but two issues I am facing is,
  1. when I open the CDC source in Advanced Editor, it shows SortKeyPosition = 1 and IsSorted = True, but when I double-click the CDC Source, it opens the Connection/ColumnMapping dialogue and when I close that, SortKeyPosition is set to 0 and IsSorted = True. I am not able to figure out, why is this weird thing happening.
  2. Metadata is not getting refreshed, I have to open the CDC source and close it, then it will work fine, once I do the above issue manually.
I think these both issues are inter-related.

Could you please advise on it?
Dec 25, 2014 at 9:46 AM
I wrote this blog post on how to use BIML with the CDC components.
Marked as answer by furmangg on 3/17/2015 at 12:17 PM