BIML and Attunity

Topics: Standing Discussions
Jan 16, 2013 at 6:16 PM

Hi,

Is it possible to use attunity connector with BIML ?

i'ts hard to have a clear statement on this issue

Thanks

Developer
Jan 16, 2013 at 7:43 PM

Sorry for the confusion, Scott.  The short answer is that, yes, you can.  The long answer is that we're preparing a full sample/walkthrough this weekend and will post it on Monday.

Thanks

Jan 21, 2013 at 5:42 PM

srcurrie, i'm eager to read your post.

Thanks !

Developer
Jan 22, 2013 at 8:14 AM

We had a bit of a delay setting up the VMs with Oracle and Teradata to test the samples.  They're not up yet, but will be ASAP.

Apologies for the delay,

-Scott

Jan 30, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Hi Scott, do you have some good news for me ?

thanks

Feb 28, 2013 at 1:44 PM
Hi

So the clear statement is that it's impossible to use attunity with BIML.
Coordinator
Feb 28, 2013 at 2:03 PM
How much are you paying Varigence to answer your Biml questions? Nothing? Then stop being rude. Or pay them for a support contract.

You may have seen Scott has been hard at work providing an updated Biml for the latest BIDS Helper release. How about a polite reminder you still would appreciate help.
Feb 28, 2013 at 3:23 PM
Easy for you to say that. I'm in charge of a BI team that provide BI solutions to 500 hospitals in Canada and US. We are considering to use MIST ($) or VIVID ($) in our solutions.

I don't know if Scott is working hard or not. I don't know him.

For you to understand, i speak french so maybe this is the reason that i sound rude. Sorry for that.
Developer
Mar 1, 2013 at 10:08 AM
We've had trouble getting access to the teradata EC2 image to test the solution before posting it.

Are you targeting Teradata or Oracle?
Mar 1, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Hi Scott,

I'm targeting oracle.

Thanks
Developer
Mar 6, 2013 at 3:45 AM
The walkthrough is ready and posted to the following location:
http://bimlscript.com/Walkthrough/Details/67

As I mentioned in the walkthrough, it's a bit cumbersome presently, since you either have to hand-author or script the column metadata for the connector. The next update of BidsHelper will include tags specifically for these connectors that do all the column metadata for you.

On a separate note, if you or anyone else is seriously considering purchasing software from Varigence, please don't hesitate to use our support@varigence.com alias for pre-sales support.

I hope everyone understands how much development effort it takes to build the BimlEngine. It is a full-compiler and has development costs reflecting that fact. It requires a professional development team to build and maintain - which costs money. While we think it's both in our and the community's best interests to have a free version in BidsHelper with a much larger feature set than any other free product in this space, the free version has to be a lower support priority for us. Quick questions will be answered quickly. Questions that require setting up new environments on VMs will take longer - but as in this case, will be answered eventually.

Please do keep reminding us if it looks like we're forgetting something like this, but also please understand the competing priorities. And realize those competing priorities are generating the revenue that allows us to keep offering this great functionality for free.

If you need a support guarantee, Varigence would be happy to assist through our paid products that also have a bunch of additional features and visual designers. Ping us at support@varigence.com for more information.

Thanks,
-Scott
Mar 13, 2013 at 1:25 PM
Thank you Scott. I understand the issue. Our team will take a look but the thing i know is that BIML look very promising to us.
Apr 25, 2013 at 9:18 AM
Hi all,

Does version BIDS Helper 1.6.3.0 have tags which do the column metadata for the Attunity Oracle Connector for you?

If so, I am happy to test this.

Thanks,
Daniel
Apr 25, 2013 at 9:31 AM
Hi Scott,

You mentioned that in the next release of the BimlEngine, enhanced/extended support of the Attunity Oracle connector would be available. Is this the one in BIDS Helper 1.6.3.0 ? Any details on this ?

Regards,
Henny
Coordinator
Apr 25, 2013 at 11:54 AM
BIDS Helper 1.6.3 didn't include an updated BimlEngine compared to 1.6.2. The only change was support for project connection managers and support for Visual Studio 2012.

So I don't think the Biml support in BIDS Helper has changed to help this scenario yet. Scott can hopefully post back here once that happens.