Parent Child error

Topics: Standing Discussions
Feb 22, 2013 at 8:44 PM
Hi - I'm trying to use the p-c naturalizer to build the sql to unwind the table, and I built the p-c dimension in ssas 2008 R2, but when I try to run the naturalizer I get this message:

Error initializing naturalizer: System.Exception: DSV views are not supported currently. The PC Dimension Naturalizer only supports SQL tables or views for the dimension source.
at PCDimNaturalizer.ASPCDimNaturalizer..ctor(Server ASServer, Database ASDatabase, Dimension PCDimension, Int32 ActionLevel)
at PCDimNaturalizer.frmProgress.frmProgress_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)

The dimension is based on a sql view, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong...

Mary
Coordinator
Feb 23, 2013 at 3:07 AM
Are you sure your table in the DSV is not a named query? I think that's what that error means.
Feb 25, 2013 at 1:27 PM
Well, I could be doing something wrong... but I'm pretty sure it's just a sql view. I went to the DSV and right clicked on the table title bar and picked Replace with Other Table and picked the sql view in the SQL database. (reprocessed, and tried the parent child naturalizer again - still same error).

So then I tried building a brand new project - added in the dimension view and just ran thru the wizards to build the dimension. Still same error.

Finally I thought maybe I needed to have a fact (I had just be doing only the dimension previously), so I added in a fact and built a cube to go with the dimension and everything I try leaves me with the same error.

[I did have to do the installation using the xcopy task, don't know if there might be something about my install that is amiss?]
Coordinator
Feb 25, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Looking through the code, we fixed this problem after the 1.6.1 release. We'll be putting out a 1.6.2 release this week hopefully, and it will contain this fix.

Sorry about pointing you in the wrong direction on Friday.

If you want a beta build of the 1.6.2 release to make sure it fixes your problem, or can't wait til later this week, click furmangg and contact me and I'll send you the beta build.
Feb 25, 2013 at 2:31 PM
Edited Feb 25, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Thanks - I can wait for the update later this week.
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2013 at 1:34 AM
The 1.6.2 release is out. Feel free to download it and I believe it will fix your issue. If not, please let us know.