Issue With 1.6.2

Topics: Standing Discussions
Mar 2, 2013 at 7:08 AM
First let me say thank you for this project, I am amazed at how much time it has saved me. Also, thanking you for releasing version 1.6.2 that supports SSIS 2012 parameters.

I was on BIDS Helper 1.6.1 and had a BIML script that generates a bunch of SSIS packages. This BIML script was working correctly on version 1.6.1. Tonight I downloaded version 1.6.2 and this BIML script started giving me an error.

The error I am getting is this:

BimlScript code produced an exception: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Data.Schema.ScriptDom.Sql, Version=9.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKey Token=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified at Varigenc

Here is the first part of my Biml script:

<#@ import namespace="System.Data" #>
<#@ import namespace="Varigence.Hadron.CoreLowerer.SchemaManagement" #>
<# var connection = SchemaManager.CreateConnectionNode("SchemaProvider", "Data Source=(local);Initial Catalog=SDDW_Staging;Provider=SQLNCLI11.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;"); #>
<# var tables = connection.GenerateTableNodes(); #>
<Biml xmlns="http://schemas.varigence.com/biml.xsd">

I have tried to isolate which line in the script is generating the error, and it seems to be the line that is calling the connection.GenerateTableNodes() method.

What is really weird is that I have another Biml script that uses this exact same code to access a different database on the same server and it works. But as soon as I try to connect to this specific database I get this error.
Mar 2, 2013 at 7:20 AM
I did some more testing and it seems to be views in my database that are creating the issue. If I remove all the views from the database then I no longer get this error. However as soon as a add a view to the database I start getting this error.

I should also mention that I am using Visual Studio 2010 and SQL Server 2012 and I downloaded the SQL Server 2012 version of Bids Helper.
Developer
Mar 6, 2013 at 8:24 AM
I have a repro and am looking into fixing it. In the meantime, you can disable loading of views by using the following GeneratetableNodes alternative:

<# var tables = connection.GenerateTableNodes(connection.SchemaProvider.GetSchemaList(null), ImportOptions.ExcludeViews); #>
Developer
Mar 6, 2013 at 6:47 PM
I have a repro and am looking into fixing it. In the meantime, you can disable loading of views by using the following GeneratetableNodes alternative:

<# var tables = connection.GenerateTableNodes(connection.SchemaProvider.GetSchemaList(null), ImportOptions.ExcludeViews); #>