SSIS 2005 Package Deploy Error with Side by Side Installation of BIDS Helper 2005 and 2008

Topics: Resolved
Apr 27, 2009 at 4:03 AM
Hi,

I'm getting the following error when I try and deploy from a BIDS 2005 solution to a 2005 SQL Server Destination. I'd love to know if someone has come accross the same error,
and if so how they addressed it. The workaround for me at the moment is to go back to the old way of deploying packages, but this is a lot more annoying than using BIDS Helper.

I have both visual studio 2005 and 2008 installed, as well as SQL Server 2005 and 2008 client tools, and BIDS Helper 2005 and 2008.

This functionality used to work until I installed the 2008 version of BIDS helper. I'm suspicious that it should be calling the sp_ssis_putpackage stored proc, and
probably also possibly shouldn't be using that version of the Native Client.

BIDS Helper is deploying packages...
Deploying to SQL Server MSDB on server: AU-TST-PLM-DB
Deploying to folder: SCDW-ETL
Error : BIDS Helper encountered an error when deploying package AutopopulateDimensionSpecialRows.dtsx!
dtutil /FILE "C:\Dev\Phase 2\Source\SCDW\SCDW\SCDW ETL\AutopopulateDimensionSpecialRows.dtsx" /DestServer AU-TST-PLM-DB /COPY SQL;"SCDW-ETL\AutopopulateDimensionSpecialRows" /Q
exit code = 6

Microsoft (R) SQL Server SSIS Package Utilities
Version 10.0.1600.22 for 32-bit
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1984-2004. All rights reserved.
Could not save package "SCDW-ETL\AutopopulateDimensionSpecialRows" because of error 0x80040E14.
Description: Could not find stored procedure 'sp_ssis_putpackage'.
Source: Microsoft SQL Server Native Client 10.0

Cheers,
Steve

Apr 27, 2009 at 12:16 PM

oops... my bad. problem seems to have dissapeared now

I think this was caused by me accidently using an updated version of a config file which specified SQL 2008 OLE DB Connections...