Blank Rows in drillthrough Action report

Topics: Standing Discussions
Jul 11 at 9:06 AM
I have a summary and detail table in my tabular cube joined on a key. The detailed table has a subset of the keys available in the summary table. I have created a drillthrough action which shows data from the detailed table.
On clicking the drillthrough action, I see blank rows in the report (for keys which are in summary but not in the detailed table). Is there a way to avoid getting blank rows in the drill through report?
Coordinator
Jul 11 at 9:21 AM
What is your current query you use in the action?
Jul 11 at 9:42 AM
Action Type - drillthrough
target type - cells

I haven't written any query - just selecting columns from detail table.
Jul 11 at 10:05 AM
I haven't written any query - just selecting columns from detail table.
See attachment for details.

Coordinator
Jul 11 at 12:46 PM
How do you have a summary table that has rows without matching detail records - wouldn't your summary (by definition) be created off your detail table?

Sounds like you have a referential integrity issue and you can't really "fix" that in a drill through action. That is an issue in your underlying data source.
Coordinator
Jul 11 at 1:53 PM
Oh. You posted a screenshot here:
https://bidshelper.codeplex.com/workitem/35371

Isn't the relationship going the wrong direction? It should point from detail to summary right?
Jul 13 at 3:12 PM
My measure is based on some filter conditions and I am trying to use this approach to get to the detailed rows which make up the summary measure. Basically I am trying to enforce the filter conditions by filtering out the rows in the detailed table. Is there any other way to achieve this?
Coordinator
Jul 13 at 4:37 PM
Drillthrough doesn't pay attention to the internals of the calculated measure. You will have to move that filter to the PivotTable filters. Or you will have to build a RowSet action that includes that filter in the query defined in that RowSet action.