rely on server storage for encryption

Topics: Resolved
Jun 23, 2009 at 4:57 PM

How can you right click deploy using BIDS Helper and set the "rely on server storage for encryption" option?

Coordinator
Jun 30, 2009 at 3:43 PM

Looks like that's just the /Encrypt switch on dtutil. So I suppose you would deploy as normal then run another dtutil call with the /Encrypt switch to encrypt it? We'll consider implementing this, but I doubt it's at the top of the list for enhancements, honestly.

Coordinator
Jun 30, 2009 at 3:44 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Jun 30, 2009 at 3:45 PM
Ok. Thanks for the reply. Just wondered if it existed already and I was missing something.

Cheers.

On Tue, Jun 30, 2009 at 3:43 PM, furmangg <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Looks like that's just the /Encrypt switch on dtutil. So I suppose you would deploy as normal then run another dtutil call with the /Encrypt switch to encrypt it? We'll consider implementing this, but I doubt it's at the top of the list for enhancements, honestly.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (bidshelper@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email bidshelper@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com