This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

BIDS Helper for SQL 2016 Preview 2 - Relative Path not working

Topics: Standing Discussions
Nov 10, 2016 at 4:50 PM
I am trying to resolve the SSIS 2016 relative path issue with BIDS Helper for SQL 2016 Preview 2 but I am getting the following message.

BIDS Helper is fixing relative paths in all open packages...

The current working directory is:
C:\WINDOWS\system32

The directory for the packages is:
C:\Data\ZZZZZ\XXXXX\YYYYYY

PROBLEM:
Since the packages are not in the current working directory, no changes to configurations will be made. Please start Visual Studio by double clicking on the .sln file for the project, and make sure the .sln file is in the same directory as the packages.

Can you please help me in resolving this? Also, please let me know the steps to uninstall BIDS helper.

Note : When I installed BIDS Helper for SQL 2016 Preview 2 it didn't ask for target path to be installed.
Nov 11, 2016 at 1:16 AM
Thankfully this is something you can resolve yourself. Easiest way is usually to close Visual Studio then reopen your solution by double clicking on the .sln file. That should work unless the dtsx packages are in a subfolder. If that's your situation then you need to open a command prompt and CD to the folder with your dtsx packages then launch Visual Studio with the proper working directory for the process.
Marked as answer by furmangg on 11/13/2016 at 4:54 PM
Nov 11, 2016 at 4:55 AM
Thank You.. It worked when we use the Microsoft Visual Studio Version Selector.. Instead of the Visual Studio 2015 directly..