Sorting Attribute - using Secondary Attribute - Bids Helper showing as Problem

Topics: Resolved
Nov 26, 2009 at 10:04 PM

Hi,
I have a dimension, creating [Hour Interval 4] text and sorting based on [Time Hour] column. Same way I did for [Hour Interval 8].
Data (all columns in the same table - I cannot change the design):
         [Id]:  0, 1, 2, ... 46000+ (symbolizing the minutes in a month: Count: 46000+ rows)

[Time Hour]: Null, 0, 1, ... 700+ (Count: 700+ rows)
         [Hour Interval 4]: "Range: Null", "Range: >= 0 and <= 4", "Range: >= 5 and <= 8", "Range: >= 9 and <=12", ... "Range: >24" (Count: < 10)
         [Hour Interval 8]: "Range: Null", "Range: >= 0 and <= 8", "Range: >8" (Count: Only 3 rows)
I followed the article "Defining Attribute Relationships and Sort Order in the Customer Dimension"  in the url:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms166763(SQL.90).aspx
Sorting data is working fine for both [Hour Interval 2] and [Hour Interval 8] with Attribute key as [Time Hour]. What I need, I am getting it - no worries on it.
Problem showing in Bids Helper: I launched the "Dimension Health check", it is giving the relationship as Problem.

Attribute relationship [Hour Interval 4] -> [Time Hour] is not valid because it results in a many-to-many relationship. Show/hide problem rows
Attribute relationship [Hour Interval 8] -> [Time Hour] is not valid because it results in a many-to-many relationship. Show/hide problem rows
Am I doing wrong? or Ignore the error shown in the Bids helper?
Thanks,

Hi,

I have a dimension, creating [Hour Interval 4] text and sorting based on [Time Hour] column. Same way I did for [Hour Interval 8].

Data (all columns in the same table - I cannot change the design):

[Id]:  0, 1, 2, ... 46000+ (symbolizing the minutes in a month: Count: 46000+ rows)

[Time Hour]: Null, 0, 1, ... 700+ (Count: 700+ rows)

[Hour Interval 4]: "Range: Null", "Range: >= 0 and <= 4", "Range: >= 5 and <= 8", "Range: >= 9 and <=12", ... "Range: >24" (Count: < 10)

[Hour Interval 8]: "Range: Null", "Range: >= 0 and <= 8", "Range: >8" (Count: Only 3 rows)

I followed the article "Defining Attribute Relationships and Sort Order in the Customer Dimension"  in the url:http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms166763(SQL.90).aspx

Sorting data is working fine for both [Hour Interval 2] and [Hour Interval 8] with Attribute key as [Time Hour]. What I need, I am getting it - no worries on it.

Problem showing in Bids Helper: I launched the "Dimension Health check", it is giving the relationship as Problem.

Attribute relationship [Hour Interval 4] -> [Time Hour] is not valid because it results in a many-to-many relationship. Show/hide problem rows

Attribute relationship [Hour Interval 8] -> [Time Hour] is not valid because it results in a many-to-many relationship. Show/hide problem rows

Am I doing wrong? or Ignore the error shown in the Bids helper?

Thanks,

Coordinator
Nov 27, 2009 at 1:09 AM

I have followed this up here:
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sqlanalysisservices/thread/5d9f69d7-2fbb-4427-b611-3ab093f0af27
on the MSDN forum where you also asked this question.