This BIDS Helper release brings the following new features and fixes:New Features:
- Tabular Annotation Workaround - a workaround for a ReadElementContentAs error after SQL2012 SP1 is applied
- Biml updates and fixes, including:
- Log provider fixes for 2012
- New language features for defining package parameters
- Project and package parameter referencing in SSIS expressions
- Support for custom connection managers
- Support for automated emission of lineage IDs in custom components
- Performance enhancements
- and much more
The exe downloads are a self extracting installer, the zip downloads allow for an xcopy deploy which does not require administrator permissions. Make sure to note the updated xcopy deploy instructions for SQL Server 2012.
- Edit Variable Expression --> Exception - fix for sensitive parameters in SSIS2012
- fixes to Parent-Child Dimension Naturalizer
- allowing naturalizing of dimension on top of SQL view (but not DSV named query)
- properly de-duping names of foreign keys added to DSV
- BIDS Helper 2012 is for SQL 2012 and Visual Studio 2010.
- Note that BIDS Helper 1.6.2 does not support Visual Studio 2012, once BI development in Visual Studio 2012 is released. A future BIDS Helper release plans support for Visual Studio 2012.
- BIDS Helper 2008 is for SQL 2008, SQL 2008 R2, and Visual Studio 2008.
- BIDS Helper 2005 is for SQL 2005 and Visual Studio 2005.