This BIDS Helper beta release brings support for SQL Server 2014 and SSDTBI for Visual Studio 2013
. BIDS Helper 2014 Beta Limitations:
- SQL Server 2014 support for Biml is still in progress, so this beta release of BIDS Helper 2014 generates SSIS 2012 format packages. As soon as you open the generated packages they will be upgraded to SSIS 2014 format. (Biml functions as expected in BIDS Helper 2005, 2008, and 2012.)
The exe downloads are a self extracting installer, the zip downloads allow for an xcopy deploy which does not require administrator permissions. Make sure to note the updated xcopy deploy instructions for SQL Server 2012 and 2014.
- Visualize Attribute Lattice fix for redundant attribute relationships
- Bug fixes when Tools... Options... Projects and Solutions... "Track Active Item in Solution Explorer" is unchecked in Visual Studio
- BIDS Helper 2014 is for SQL 2014 and Visual Studio 2013.
- BIDS Helper 2012 is for SQL 2012, Visual Studio 2010, and Visual Studio 2012.
- BIDS Helper 2008 is for SQL 2008, SQL 2008 R2, and Visual Studio 2008.
- BIDS Helper 2005 is for SQL 2005 and Visual Studio 2005.