Attunity Component

Topics: Standing Discussions
Dec 13, 2012 at 4:19 PM

Can anyone please give any examples using BIML on how to use:

-Microsoft Attunity Oracle Connector

-Attunity CDC Source

We are having issues creating the components using BIML and can't find any documentation.

Dec 13, 2012 at 4:46 PM

Have you taken a look at

There are some snippets on the site for custom components.  They can be found here: 

Dec 14, 2012 at 8:57 AM

Hi Paul

Thanks for this, but already had a look at the Custom Components @ BIMLScript.  The Attunity objects listed are Custom Component Source (not Custom Components) objects. Do you have any examples for this? I've looked through the BIML language reference but I cannot seem to get this to work.

Jan 15, 2013 at 7:30 PM

Is it possible to use attunity connector (with oracle) using biml ?

I have the same issues as Everest_2012 when creating the connexion.

<OleDbConnection Name="Source" ConnectionString="Provider=MSORA;Server=OracleServer;Username=XXXXX;Password=XXXXX;oraclehome=;oraclehome64=;winauth=0;"/>

Apr 1, 2014 at 5:56 PM
@Everest_2012, did you ever get an answer? I'm in that position now and don't know how to proceed.

This is a snippet of my current code, after many other attempts.
              ComponentTypeName="Attunity.SqlServer.CDCSrc.CdcSourceComponent, Attunity.SqlServer.CDCSrc, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=aa342389a732e31c"
              ContactInfo="Attunity Ltd.; All Rights Reserved;;"
                <CustomProperty Name="Connection" DataType="String">AdoNetSource</CustomProperty>
                <CustomProperty Name="StateVariable" DataType="String">User::<#=table.Name#>_CDC_State</CustomProperty>
                <CustomProperty Name="CDCProcessingMode" DataType="Int32">2</CustomProperty>
                <CustomProperty Name="CaptureInstanct" DataType="String"><#=table.Name#></CustomProperty>
                <CustomProperty Name="CommandTimeout" DataType="Int32">30</CustomProperty>
                <CustomProperty Name="ReprocessingIndication" DataType="Boolean">false</CustomProperty>
            <OleDbDestination Name="OleDbDestination - History" ConnectionName="OleDbTarget">
              <InputPath OutputPathName="CDCSource.Output"/>
              <ExternalTableOutput Table="<#=table.Schema.Name#>.<#=table.Name#>_History"/>

The BIML error is: Could not resolve reference to 'CDCSource.Output' of type 'DataflowOutputPath'...
So, I think the CustomCompentSource is at least not malformed, but isn't being recognized as a source. Or perhaps .Output is the wrong property to reference for the Destination input path.

I muddled my way through the CDC Control code, but am stuck on the CDC Source. There are very few code examples online.

Any help is appreciated.
Aug 8, 2014 at 4:44 PM
Hello JR,

Were you able to implement the CDC control flow components (CDC Source, CDC Splitter) in biml? If so, would you be willing to share a snippet of how you did it? I'm currently trying to implement this as well.

Thanks in advance.

Aug 8, 2014 at 6:46 PM

No I haven't implemented CDC Source in BIML yet. Other work came up and diverted my attention. It will be several months before I can get at it again. I'm hoping that someone documents how to do this by then.

Best of luck. (and please share if you stumble across a solution)
Aug 9, 2014 at 11:58 PM
Thanks for your reply JR. I will post back if I get anywhere with it. How were you able to put together your code (above)?
Aug 11, 2014 at 2:08 PM
I found a working example for implementing the CDC Control Task using CustomTask. Then I tried to beat the CDC Source into submission using that as a model. I must have made a few dozen attempts with a variety of error messages and this case seemed to be the closest to working. I don't remember the details though.
Sep 11, 2014 at 6:25 PM
JohnyRempel, could you post the BIML snippets for your CDC Control Task and CDC Source tasks?
Sep 17, 2014 at 5:00 PM
Johny, could you please share your BIML code for CDC.
Nov 12, 2014 at 8:35 PM
Edited Nov 12, 2014 at 8:37 PM
I was able to create CDC package with BIML, but two issues I am facing is,
  1. when I open the CDC source in Advanced Editor, it shows SortKeyPosition = 1 and IsSorted = True, but when I double-click the CDC Source, it opens the Connection/ColumnMapping dialogue and when I close that, SortKeyPosition is set to 0 and IsSorted = True. I am not able to figure out, why is this weird thing happening.
  2. Metadata is not getting refreshed, I have to open the CDC source and close it, then it will work fine, once I do the above issue manually.
I think these both issues are inter-related.

Could you please advise on it?
Dec 25, 2014 at 8:46 AM
I wrote this blog post on how to use BIML with the CDC components.
Marked as answer by furmangg on 3/17/2015 at 12:17 PM