Parent/Child naturalizer fails if view contains spaces

Topics: Resolved
Jan 28, 2009 at 9:01 PM
If the name of the source view for the P/C dimension that I want to normalize contains spaces, then the naturalizer will fail:

IF EXISTS (SELECT * FROM sys.objects WHERE object_id = OBJECT_ID(N'CuboArcoCondiviso.DimNaturalized_Piano dei Conti 01') AND type in (N'V')) drop view CuboArcoCondiviso.DimNaturalized_Piano dei Conti 01

surrounding the name with [] should correct this and make this wonderful tool work.

Alberto
Jan 28, 2009 at 11:58 PM
Thank you for reporting this.  I have checked in a change to fix that, and verified it works with basic Adventure Works when I renamed the Employee table using a view with a space in the name.  It may take a little while before it is integrated into the BIDS Helper build but probably not too long.  Please let me know any other issues you find!
Coordinator
Jan 29, 2009 at 12:42 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.
Coordinator
Jan 29, 2009 at 12:47 PM
Just checked in a fix for this problem to source code. It will be in the next release (the release that comes after 1.4). For now, you will have to compile the source code yourself.

Thanks for reporting this issue!
Jan 29, 2009 at 12:50 PM
Thanks a lot furmangg, I will look fot that.