CDC Control Task

Topics: Standing Discussions
May 28, 2014 at 2:30 PM
Hi, i am creating a template for CDC and i was able to create the CDC Control Task based on Custom Task. my problem is that the ADONetConnection needed for that task is not created if is not referenced somewhere in the BIML code and it seems it does not take consideration custom task

here is my code

<AdoNetConnection Name="CDC Source DB" Provider="System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection, System.Data, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" ConnectionString="Data Source=TTOPLDBPS;Initial Catalog=Helix;Integrated Security=True;Application Name=initialLoad-CDC">
            <CustomTask Name="CDC Control Task  Mark Initial Load" CreationName="Attunity.SqlServer.CDCControlTask.CdcControlTask, Attunity.SqlServer.CDCControlTask, Version=, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=aa342389a732e31c">
                                    Connection="CDC Source DB"
                                    StateConnection="ControlTable DB"
                                    ChangeDetectionTimeout="60" /&gt;</ObjectData>

the only way i am able to make it work is creating a fake executeSQL using the ADNetConnection before my custom task code so the connection is created.

any idea???
Aug 8, 2014 at 2:28 PM
Hello remillan,

I had to list the connections within the package...
        <Connection ConnectionName="CDC Source DB" />
        <Connection ConnectionName="ControlTable DB" />
        <CustomTask ...>
Were you able to implement the CDC control flow components (CDC Source, CDC Splitter) in biml? If so, would you be willing to share a snippet of how you did it? I'm currently trying to implement this as well.
Marked as answer by furmangg on 3/17/2015 at 5:25 PM