Deploy SSIS Packages to msdb and update date

Topics: Resolved
Jul 3, 2009 at 1:34 AM

Hi Guys,

The last couple of days I've been working at a site where BIDSHelper is not allowed in some environments, so while manually deploying packages (import via SSMS) I've had plenty of time to think of BIDSHelper enhancements. Anyway...

When deploying to msdb, it is hard to track when packages were deployed. The SSMS General report only gives you Package Creation Date, and the sysdtspackages90 table (for SQL 2005) only has a createdate column (presumably the same).  These appear to be pulling the Package property CreationDate, which is usually static and somewhat meaningless (especially for cloned packages).

Can you please consider extending the Deploy SSIS Packages functionality so that after deploying to msdb it can set the sysdtspackages90.createdate column or similar to the deployment date/time.  I guess this should be optional as it would be overwriting the standard functionality.

Thanks - Mike 

Coordinator
Jul 3, 2009 at 2:51 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.