Calculation Properties questions

Jun 20 at 2:17 PM
Hi

First of all, thanks for a great achievement in providing the BIDS Helper, it's a super-tool!

I have two questions regarding the description that you can add to MDX calculated measures, via the BIDS Helper Calculation Properties:
1.) Is the description for MDX measures possible to add in the MDX-script itself in any way, or only via the Calculation Properties?
2.) How does the Display Folder and Associated Measure Group in Calculation Properties work if any of those already have been specified for a specific measure in the MDX script? If provided in Calculation Properties, do these values override the potential ones in the MDX script?

Thanks,
Martin
Coordinator
Aug 2 at 2:15 PM
Martin-

I don't believe you can set the description inline in the MDX script. That's the main reason for the Calculation Properties dialog.

The display folder and measure group are something you can include in the code inline, as you have noted. I'm not sure what happens when they are set inline in MDX and also in the Calculation Properties dialog. No harm in trying it and seeing which wins :)