This BIDS Helper release brings the following new features and fixes:New Features:
- Support for Visual Studio 2012. Since Microsoft recently released SSDTBI for Visual Studio 2012, BIDS Helper 2012 now supports Visual Studio 2010 and 2012.
- Enhancements to the Version Notification page under Tools... Options... BIDS Helper. Allows you to troubleshoot if BIDS Helper is not functioning and see which version of SQL Server developer tools are installed.
- Biml support for project connection managers in SSIS2012
- Test Aggregation Performance will now clear the file system cache if you have ASSP 1.3.5 or later installed on your SSAS server.
The exe downloads are a self extracting installer, the zip downloads allow for an xcopy deploy which does not require administrator permissions. Make sure to note the updated xcopy deploy instructions for SQL Server 2012.
- Reset GUIDs no longer returns an error if there are SSIS Parameters.
- improvement to Aggregation Manager so it keeps Rigid/Flexible updated all the time
- Large number of Biml issues fixed - all bugs and most feature requests that have been reported on BIDSHelper codeplex discussions or varigence.com Biml forums.
- BIDS Helper 2012 is for SQL 2012, Visual Studio 2010, and Visual Studio 2012.
- BIDS Helper 2008 is for SQL 2008, SQL 2008 R2, and Visual Studio 2008.
- BIDS Helper 2005 is for SQL 2005 and Visual Studio 2005.